TA Consultancy Program
Under the AMRO Technical Assistance Program, AMRO provides technical support to ASEAN+3 members with a focus on strengthening the macroeconomic surveillance capacities of these economies. Towards this aim, AMRO is seeking to engage individual consultants and experts or consulting entities to drive and implement the following TA project.
Data collection and analysis on real estate transactions in Cambodia for Ministry of Economy and Finance, Cambodia (Phase 1)
|1. Project Name
- Data collection and analysis on real estate transactions in Cambodia (Phase 1)
|2. Beneficial Organization/Country
- Ministry of Economy and Finance, Cambodia
|3. Project Type
- Technical Assistance (Consultancy Program)
|4. Source of Funding
|5. Estimated Amount
- Assist data collection and analysis on real estate transactions (Housing Development Project and Real Estate Agents Transactions) in Cambodia for the Ministry of Economy and Finance, Cambodia (MOEF).
- Develop Platform/Questionaire/sample form for real estate data collection (For Housing Development Project and Real Estate Agent Transaction).
- Develop Database for Data Entry (Software Using Recommendation)
- Analyze demand and supply in real estate sector
- Analytical tools and outcome interpretation.
- Develop Real Estate Price Index Platform (Both Land and Housings-).
|7. Project Rationale
- The real estate sector in Cambodia has experienced booming and crisis moments over the past decades, and is expected to face another period of volatility going forward due to an expected over supply in certain sub-segments of the sector. For instance, an oversupply is expected in the condominium segment, as there are manty on-going projects and the demand is more for the overseas buyers. The demand is seen low due to less unfavorable external conditions.
- With lack of proper recording/registration of the transactions in the real estate activities, it is very challenging to assess the market situation (demand & supply), and associated capital inflows. This would not likely indicate accurate capital inflows into the country’s balance of payments (BOP) as a whole. How to assess more accurately the BOP?
- MOEF would like to obtain and analyze data related to real estate sector in Cambodia, with an assistance from experts.
- In this sense, AMRO would justify providing technical assistance through AMRO’s external consultant(s) to collect and analyze the data related to the real estate sector in Cambodia.
|8. Description of Project Outputs
- Expert(s) will closely working with MOEF officials for the data collection and analysis on real estate transactions both housing development and real estate agent transactions in Cambodia
- Compile and manage these data with cooperation with the MOEF officials who can take over the ownership once the project is completed.
- Organize workshops and internal seminars to share the key findings and disseminate information related to the real estate sector, as well as to receive further feedback and comments from the audience and other experts.
- Submit a final report on data collection and analysis of real estate transactions (housing development and real estate agent transactions) in Cambodia.
- Produce an operational manual of data collection and analysis on the real estate sector in Cambodia and submit it to MOEF Cambodia and AMRO
|9. Requirement for Consultants
- Possess good knowledge and in depth understanding of real estate transactions both housing development project and real estate transactions.
- Able to collect data and conduct analysis of the real estate sector in Cambodia and to draft an operational manual of data collection and analysis
- Able to establish and maintain good relationships with the Cambodian authorities and other relevant organizations.
- ossess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
|10. Responsible staff in AMRO
|11. Project Schedule
- 5 December 2017, Advertise for consultant on AMRO’s web-site
- 5 January 2018, Closing Date of advertisement
Qualified candidates should send:
a) An updated CV or introductory brochure (if the consulting party is an entity)
b) Brief description of past consulting experience, including notable achievements
c) A concrete proposal for the project (up to 5 pages)
c) Declaration of (no) conflict of interest (please send a disclosure statement whether there is any actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this Project)
Posting date: 5 December 2017
Closing date: 5 January 2018
Please send all applications and/or enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org