The ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO) has a vacancy for Human Resource Officer / Senior Human Resource Officer.
The HR Officer / Senior HR Officer will report to the Group Head of Budget, HR & Support Service Group (BHRS) and be responsible for a broad range of human resources functions, including the development, implementation, and improvement of HR strategy, development framework, policies and programs, in support of AMRO’s organizational strategy.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Group Head of BHRS in reviewing, developing and implementing AMRO HR strategy and development framework, in support of AMRO’s organizational strategy and mid-term implementation plan (MTIP).
- Review existing HR policies and processes, identify critical gaps/omissions, and make proposals for change and innovate, responding to AMRO’s business/staff needs.
- Conduct research and benchmarking analysis of HR policies and practices that represent IO and industry best practices and make recommendations for their adoption/integration into AMRO existing HR policy framework.
- Review and update the Administrative Order related to HR management, HR handbooks, staff guidelines and handbooks, to ensure the relevance and effectiveness.
- Ensure, coordinate, or facilitate the effective roll-out and implementation of new or revised HR policies, guidelines, and procedures by way of dissemination, communication, and awareness activities.
- Develop consultation and communication plans with key stakeholders and incorporate inputs from relevant employee and stakeholder surveys and other feedback mechanisms into HR strategy/policy development.
- Establish, maintain and enhance collaboration with peer international organizations, to consult on common/innovative approaches related to HR policy matters, e.g. benchmarking opportunities, lessons learned, and achievement of objectives.
- Provide advice and interpretation on a wide range of HR policies and procedures, to support accountability and oversight. Prepare opinions on cases involving unusual and/or complex HR issues, including cases for which no, or few, precedents exist.
- Lead the review of disciplinary matters, including cases of misconduct, administrative procedures, appeals, and administrative reviews, making recommendations on the appropriate actions/measures to be adopted.
- Prepare reports, policy papers, briefing notes or talking points on issues related to HR policy for presentation to senior management or member authorities.
- Perform other functions as requested by supervisor.
The candidate should possess:
- An advanced degree from a reputable university in the related fields of public/business administration, HR management, organizational development, economics, or social sciences;
- At least 6 years (for HR officer) / 10 years (for Senior HR officer) of relevant professional HR working experience in a public or private sector organization. Working experience at the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) or other International Organizations (IOs) will be advantageous;
- Affiliation with and/or certified/accredited by recognized professional HR associations, such as CIPD, IPMA-HR, SHRM etc. is a plus;
- Deep understanding/experience of IFIs best practices in dealing HR strategy, policy and practice, staff planning and recruitment, performance management & career development, compensation and benefit policies, pension & insurance management, learning and organizational effectiveness, HR analysis, HR planning and budgeting and HR services (including on-boarding, in-service, and off-boarding);
- Possess excellent organizational skills, solid teamwork, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, strong interpersonal skills to interact with staff and external contacts of diverse cultural backgrounds at all levels, broad experience in coordinating activities in accordance with organizational practices, procedures and policies;
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching. Ability to lead team, exercising supervision and planning responsibilities over the assigned team, with oversight from supervisor.
- Strong persistence, efficiency, and punctuality in handling multiple tasks, and able to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines. Perseverance is essential when faced with difficult problems or challenges and maintenance of calmness in stressful situations; and
- High proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Office and HR information system.
Applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
(1) An updated CV.
(2) A brief description of all relevant academic qualifications and work experience.
(3) The earliest possible start date.
(4) Referee details.
The last day to apply to this position is November 3, 2022.