The ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO) is building up its roster of Technical Assistance (TA) specialists with expertise related to macroeconomic, financial stability and supervision related issues to cater to the needs of TA recipients within its ASEAN+3 member authorities.
We are seeking applications from individuals or firms who are suitably qualified to be placed on the roster. Once an individual or firm is on the roster, when AMRO is requested by members to provide TA, a suitably qualified person can be selected from the pre-approved roster in order to be engaged in providing the TA relatively quickly. The duration of the projects could range between a few weeks to months, depending on the nature of the TA project. The expert may be required to be on-site at the member country for some or all of the duration of the project or to be able to visit the country as often as required, assuming there are no restrictions on travel due to the pandemic.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
The expert should have deep and recent subject matter expertise (of at least 10-15 years), preferably from either:
(a) working at a Central Bank, Regulatory authority, Finance Ministry or International Financial Institution such as the ADB, EBRD, World Bank group, IMF etc., or
(b) from providing extensive TA on behalf of such organizations as listed above.
The candidate’s key areas of expertise should be in one or more of the following areas:
- Macroeconomic surveillance (focusing on forecasting and financial programming).
- Financial stability and financial sector supervision (covering one or more of these areas: advising on and implementing the transition from Basel I to Basel II and III; designing and implementing stress testing frameworks, policies and models; capital and liquidity risk management; undertaking asset quality and non-performing loan provision adequacy reviews; implementing climate risk mitigation policies; supervision of digital finance, FinTech providers and cryptocurrencies).
- Fiscal policy and management (covering one or more of these areas: tax policy, revenue administration, cash management, public asset management, public debt management, public investment management, public procurement, Public-Private Partnerships, public sector accounting and statistics, financial management information systems, state-owned enterprise governance).
In addition to deep subject matter expertise in one or more of the above areas, the following functional competencies will also be required:
- Ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with AMRO staff, counterparts in member countries, donors and other partners;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with staff and officials of diverse cultural backgrounds at all levels;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to accommodate additional demands on short notice;
- Ability to manage heavy workload and solve complex problems with minimum supervision;
- Strong motivation and initiative, and be results oriented and accountable for the accuracy of both data and information;
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and strong report writing skills.
The range of tasks that the chosen expert should be able to provide include some or all of the following, depending on the scope and key areas of the engagement:
- Provide strategic and operational advice on the formulation and execution of policies and practices;
- Advise on, build and implement risk frameworks, models, policy manuals and related processes, in line with the TA request;
- Contribute to the development of analytical capacity and staff skills within the receiving institution;
- Support in improving the institutional framework for effective and efficient execution of key functions within the scope of the TA;
- Support to improving legislative framework, processes and procedures where applicable;
- Share knowledge, experience, good practices and lessons learned;
- Conduct needs identification and capacity assessments. Design countries’ capacity development action plans where required.
- Provide quality assurance functions in the assigned areas;
- Develop toolkits, guidelines and publications as required;
- Provide well-written and concise reports;
- Report to AMRO’s TA team on the progress of the project;
- Undertake any other related duties that will ensure successful execution of the TA project.
Remuneration is discussed and determined once the expert is assigned to a specific TA project, subject to AMRO’s internal guidelines, and will be competitive with the market.
Deadline for Applications
Applications will be reviewed as and when received and the Roster will remain open to suitably qualified entrants on an on-going basis.
Applicants should submit the following to: AMRO_TA@amro-asia.org
- An updated CV.
- A brief covering letter describing how you meet the requirements for the role as stated above, all relevant professional experience and your expected remuneration rate.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.