The ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO) is looking to hire an experienced Administrative Assistant/Officer/Coordinator for its Surveillance operations. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative and mission and operational support to one Country Surveillance group and the Regional Surveillance group. The Country Surveillance group is responsible for macroeconomic surveillance of member countries including annual consultation visits. The Regional Surveillance group is responsible for the annual flagship ASEAN+3 Regional Economic Outlook (AREO) and updates and thematic studies and research.
• Create proper database records and filing systems for work documents. Maintain up-to-date files and ensure surveillance documents are filed promptly.
• Draft routine correspondence (emails) using proper grammar, punctuation, and style and with a high level of attention to detail. Handle correspondence, update mailing lists, documentation, and follow-up for daily emails and faxes, as well as postal and courier service coordination.
• Use desktop processing skills to assist task teams to format reports and presentations and to edit large documents when needed, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
• Keep records of team activities including attendance at meetings, maintain contact databases, and minutes of meetings and distribute according to standard procedures.
• Organize meetings for and on behalf of the Country/Regional teams, including liaising with team members and others on scheduling, circulating materials for decision in accordance with AMRO procedures, managing attendance, and arranging logistics.
• Organize events such as seminars and training workshops for or by the Country/Regional teams, especially in the context of the internal training program, including scheduling and logistics, catering, audio-visual equipment, room set-up and participant supplies.
• Coordinate time management and schedules for Country/Regional teams, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate information.
• Any other administrative tasks as directed by supervisors.
AREO support [Regional Surveillance]
• Track assigned tasks/publication steps/ timetables for the planning, production, and post-production of the AREO, using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff and external service providers, provide assistance and/or information on AREO-related matters.
• Work with the Communications team, as necessary, to organize AREO roadshows and post-AREO outreach events and to manage ISSN matters.
Mission and operational support [Country Surveillance]
• Support the Country Surveillance team to undertake virtual and face-to-face missions, including scheduling and liaising with country counterparts to make logistic arrangements for missions.
• Manage mission travel arrangements on behalf of the Country Surveillance team in close consultation with AMRO HR staff, including on visas, flight and hotel bookings, and settlement of travel expenses.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, or GCE ‘O’ levels with a minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience.
• High proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Microsoft 365, including Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint, workflow systems, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Adobe tools (e.g., Acrobat) is a big plus.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize and respond to a variety of requests quickly and accurately. The candidate must be self-driven and able to manage urgent day-to-day responsibilities; results oriented and accountable for the accuracy of information.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to spot areas for improvement and follow through with the necessary process enhancements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with other team members, and the ability to interact with the member-country authorities with tact and diplomacy.
• Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization or government agency is an advantage.
Closing date: May 4th, 2022
Applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
(1) An updated CV.
(2) A brief description of all relevant academic qualifications and work experience.
(3) The earliest possible start date.
(4) Referee details.