The Human Resource Officer will provide expertise in key areas of HR management, which include recruitment and staffing, compensation and benefits, staff development and organizational effectiveness, HR services, and data management, etc.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting the Group Head of Budget, HR and Support Service in:
- Reviewing, developing, and implementing HR policies/programs and initiatives;
- HR strategic planning, talent acquisition, and retention, performance evaluation and rewards management;
- Managing payroll, staff retirement plan, and other AMRO staff benefits, ensuring the effectiveness of compensation and benefits policies and programs for staff;
- Managing HR data, analyzing and monitoring key HR metrics and statistics;
- Liaising, communicating, and consulting with other groups/teams on HR policy/program issues;
- Coordinating with various authorities and IFIs on HR-related issues, maintain good working relationships with stakeholders; and
- Performing other functions as determined by Director/supervisor.
The candidate should possess:
- An advanced degree from a reputable university in the related fields of public/business administration, HR management, organizational development, economics, or social sciences;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional HR work experience; experience with International Financial Institutions (IFIs) or other International Organizations (IOs) would be advantageous;
- Affiliations with and/or certified/accredited by recognized professional HR associations, such as CIPD, IPMA-HR, SHRM etc. (a plus);
- Deep understanding/experience of IFIs’ best practices in dealing with HR strategy, policy and practice, staff planning and recruitment, performance management and career development, compensation and benefits policies, pension and insurance management, learning and organizational effectiveness, HR analysis, HR planning, and budgeting and HR services (including on-boarding, in-service, and off-boarding);
- Excellent organizational skills, solid teamwork, excellent oral and written English communication skills, strong interpersonal skills to interact with staff and external contacts of diverse cultural backgrounds at all levels, broad experience in coordinating activities in accordance with organizational practices, procedures and policies;
- Ability to lead, mentor, and coach, specifically, be able to supervise and plan the responsibilities of the assigned team, with oversight from supervisor;
- Strong persistence, and be efficient and timely in handling multiple tasks, be able to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; perseverance when faced with difficult problems or challenges, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations; and
- High proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).