The Technical Assistance Specialist is primarily responsible for AMRO’s Technical Assistance (TA) activities. He/she should have the experience and expertise in handling TA in international organizations, government, and private sectors, and command excellent communication and coordination skills.
Main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with TA team members in the planning and implementation of the TA’s work plan in support of AMRO’s overall goals, ensuring efficiency, relevance, and impact of AMRO’s TA works.
- Be responsible for conducting TA activities:
- Manage and administer TA Trust Funds with the execution of legal, financial, and administrative process which includes strengthening the internal process of TA trust funds management;
- Raise financial recourse (including in-kind contribution) for AMRO’s TA programs from contributors with close consultation process, including the promotion of financial diversification for TA activities;
- Conduct TA activities evaluation under AMRO’s performance review process.
- Be responsible for supporting TA activities:
- Implement and expand the existing TA programs (secondment program, consultancy program, research collaboration program, and AMRO’s conferences and seminars);
- Promote AMRO’s current TA programs as well as plan/design new TA projects;
- Develop collaboration with relevant IFIs, research, and academic institutions through TA and research projects;
- Organize conferences and seminars for capacity development as requested by ASEAN+3 members and AMRO’s senior management.
Other Institutional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in any institution-wide activities as assigned, such as participating as a member of AMRO’s internal committees or task forces;
- Lead and conduct training/seminars to share knowledge with AMRO staff or external stakeholders when requested;
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably required in furtherance of AMRO’s overall goals.
The candidate should possess:
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree in public administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant fields from a reputable university;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience and knowledge in bilateral and multilateral Technical Assistance programs, including trust fund management; experience in relevant international organizations/ government agencies/central banks would be a significant advantage;
- Familiar with accounting standards for trust fund management and evaluation framework for TA activities;
- Experience in conducting regional financial cooperation of the ASEAN+3 economies or bilateral and multilateral international relationships is a plus;
- Strong track record of teamwork and collaboration, and excellent communication skills to interact effectively with staff and members’ officials of diverse cultural backgrounds at all levels;
- Ability to achieve AMRO’s objectives through the delivery of high-quality results in a timely manner;
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
Closing date: February 9, 2021